SOCIAL BOWLS AT BEAUMONT IS BACK AFTER COVID19
This will commence on June 10th and will be a different format to last year. We will be trialing Handicap Pairs. Players can nominate as an individual or a pair. The handicap will be based on which division you played last season so we feel the more experienced bowlers will have a challenge to score more points within 11 ends and our less experienced may just score a win against some top players.
New bowlers will also be very welcome. It will be a 2-4-2 competition so you might like to phone a friend as the registration forms will be out next Wednesday ready for the following week.
This will commence on June 13th and at this point in time will also be a pairs competition. We will also try to accommodate members who find pairs taxing by trying to schedule some triple games as well.
Cost will be $8 per person for either Wednesday or Saturday with a commencement time of 12:00 for 12:15.
Dress is casual with the usual flat soled shoes
Club bowls are available to new members.
Nomination forms will be on the communication ledge in the lounge area.
For more information contact John Binks-Williams on 0401 123 155
1 Please be at the club before midday as games will commence no later than 12:15pm. If you are late you will miss a few ends and your partner won’t be happy! A bell will toll to indicate start of play.
2 There will not be a roll up on the first end as players will be able to practice on their nominated green before the game. This means both players have paid their $8 and collected their card before they are allowed to practice.
3 Each person has been given a score indicating their handicap with bowlers in the top level being given 0, Division 5 players 1, Division 6 Red being given 3 points, Division 6 White players have been given 4 and Division 7 or non-pennant players 5. Player’s numbers will be added together to allocate the handicap for that particular pair.
4. To start with each pair will pick up their card which will have their name and handicap at the top. After the first end has been completed players will add their handicap to the result in the first lot of boxes eg if your handicap is 7 and you win the first end by 1 you will write 8 in your first box. Your opposition will write in their handicap in the first box also but won’t add anymore because they lost the first end. The handicap sheet will be placed on the window in the bar area.
5. There will be 11 ends for both games. As usual winners will proceed to the nominated winner’s rink and the losers to the nominated loser’s rink.
6. There will be a break and biscuits and coffee/tea will be available. Nearly everyone (38) will be able to sit down in the club rooms but a few will need to sit on the veranda. Sorry about that but that is beyond our control as you know.
7. At the end of the afternoon winners and winners of the losers will both be awarded a prize.
8. There will be a walk of shame if you do a wrong bias and a gold coin donation to Legacy
This is new for us and we may not get all the handicaps correct. If you feel your handicap is too high etc please see John Binks-Williams. He will be the only committee member receiving feedback.
This may take some getting use to so let’s all be patient for the first few weeks.
Regards John, Chris and Jo.